Sharing information on social media networks and blogging have become increasingly popular in recent years. In the past we have talked about Social Media Communication and Online Marketing, but in this post we'll talk about the reasons to add a blog to your website.
4 reasons to add a blog to your website:
- It's a way of keeping your audience aware of news and changes in your industry.
- You have lots of knowledge to share and sharing your knowledge in a blog can help position you as an expert in your field. This will add to your credibility and encourage customers to do business with you.
- It can help with SEO if articles are informative and relevant to your target market/industry and written following SEO guidelines. New content feeds the search engines: i.e. Google loves new and “relevant” content.
- It's an opportunity to showcase recent projects and/or answer frequently asked questions.
3 reasons NOT to add a blog to your website:
- You don't have time or staff to write informative articles regularly. There is nothing worse than seeing a blog with the last post from a year ago or later.
- If your blog is stand-alone and not integrated with your website you will have 2 different areas to maintain content and the blog will not help the rankings of your main website.
- You can't come up with enough things to blog about that are relevant to your business and industry.
So think about these reasons when considering blogging. Don't just hop on the current trend. Start blogging because you can make the commitment to do it right.
At CMS Web Solutions, we can integrate a blog into your website. If you use this tool correctly it can help your rankings and ultimately your bottom line.