“Newsletter marketing is so 10 years ago”, said a client recently. But is it really? Newsletters may not be the newest or coolest networking media, but they still prove to be a successful communication tool.
Why are they still successful?
- You are targeting users who have given you permission to contact them. Even though you may be out of sight, your newsletters will help keep your brand at the top of your subscriber's mind. We all need a reminder from people and companies we want to hear from.
- The reason you have permission to contact your users is because they consider your brand/product relevant to their needs. You are sending targeted and valuable content to relevant subscribers. If not, they will choose to opt-out. You will know if you are relevant if your subscriber list grows or decreases.
- Newsletters can entice your user with specials and will flow traffic to your website. If your newsletter's content is added to your website, the new content will feed the search engines giving your search engines rankings a boost. Even newer media such as Facebook and Twitter send emails that flow users back to the full content.
- If you use a proper e-broadcasting service you will get reports so you can measure your efforts and your results. You will know who clicked through, who opted out etc.
- Newsletters are personal to your subscribers and they are still cost effective too.
Diversify your efforts by adding new and relevant content to your website, send a newsletter to advise your targeted group, measure your results and you are likely to reap the benefits.